Howdy folks.
I'm contemplating a speaker project that would combine the Model 19 cabinet plans from Jeff Markwart's site: Model 19 Shop Working Prints
With the 802-8G mid/tweeter and the 416-8B woofer as built by Great Plains Audio: Great Plains Audio's Classic Series Products
I'm contemplating building a pair of Yuchi horns for the upper end, but will get a pair of 811-B's to try too: Speaker Drawings
I'm fairly comfortable with all of this to this point, but input is welcome. What I haven't decided on is what to use for a crossover. There are two offerings from Iconic, but I know nothing about them: Iconic Speaker Manufacturing - Speaker Crossovers and then there is the active route such as Marchand, ect: Marchand XM9 Active Crossover Network
So, what do you folks think, which in the end would sound best in your estimation? I like the idea of the Marchand, but I'm somewhat concerned about the added complexity.
TIA
Rick





Thats great, I like the idea of the active approach due to all I've read about the benefits of direct coupling between the speakers drivers and your amplifiers. Plus it might end up being a good excuse to acquire some more toob gear. 








Bookmarks